Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Six days into my adventure and I'm not ready to go home yet

Musings about Geocaching

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Six days into my adventure and I'm not ready to go home yet

After traveling for four days, and camping out three nights, I finally arrived in Lakewood, CO, in the snow, on Monday. For the past three days, I have been here with my sister helping our mother get her apartment cleaned and organized. I haven't found any caches since Monday. The day before that was when I found a White Jeep in a roadside cache. Boy, was I excited! In my part of Southern California, the White Jeeps are usually only put in really difficult puzzle caches, or at the end of a long hike.

I'll fill in the details later, but the other highlight of my last day on the road before arriving here was the Mirage Trading Co. on Colorado Highway 17 near the Great Sand Dunes National Monument. They had wireless Internet and I was able to log on to get fresh Pocket Queries, and talk to some of the nicest people anyone could hope to meet.



If you're in the vicinity of N 38° 00.017 W 105° 54.530, check out the amazing Alabaster sculptures by Bob Wheat, as well as the other great artwork and jewelry created by several talented people who live in the San Luis Valley.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon