Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: A hike into Horsethief Canyon to move a cache

Musings about Geocaching

Friday, March 16, 2007

A hike into Horsethief Canyon to move a cache

fisnjack said poison oak had started growing near my Mossy Boulders cache, so with my neighbor, I hiked down in the canyon again to move the container and show him the devastation.

Fortunately for me, he is immune to poison oak, so when we arrived at the location, he retrieved the container. I placed it close to the trail under a couple of rocks. It isn't on the boulders covered with soft, fuzzy moss anymore, but I'm no longer endangering anyone's health . . . or at least I hope not.

I took a few pictures of the devastation . . .



and of a tree beginning its recoverey.



It will be interesting to see which of those many new fresh sprigs finally becomes a major branch.

It was a beautiful day, but the four-mile hike wasn't nearly long enough.

That's a good sign. A couple of years ago, after a four-mile hike I would have been done in for the day, and the next, and the next . . . 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon