Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: The downfall of truly paperless caching

Musings about Geocaching

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The downfall of truly paperless caching

Okay, I cache "paperless." I love caching that way . . . until I get to a cache like this one. See, I got to the first waypoint and read that part of the description and figured out the second waypoint. Write down what A, B, C, and D stand for, "Why would I want to do that?"

So, I get to waypoint number two, and finally waypoint number three, and then waypoint number four, and since I haven't written anything down, I'm lost. My memory simply isn't that good.

I did get pictures of these beautiful flowers down in the canyon near the 163 freeway.



So, I walked all the way back to my car, got a notebook and a pen, two items that are now going in my fanny pack along with my Palm, and started at the beginning again, writing down what ABCD, EFGH, etc. were, so I could figure out the final waypoint.

After I found this one, thanks to the clue (since under all those trees my GPSr was jumping around quite a bit), I found another cache over by an abandoned freeway overpass. Poor sad cache. It is soaking wet and nasty. I think it is the nastiest one I've found so far. If I had known ahead of time, I would have been able to bring along one of my own small containers and a dry log. Oh well. Maybe the cache owner will finally take care of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon