Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Two more muggled caches . . . :-(

Musings about Geocaching

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Two more muggled caches . . . :-(

A couple of months ago, the container for "Blue's Blue View" went missing. It was a plastic blue whale with a film canister in his belly. I placed him looking out to the west at the ocean view from a point on Mt. McGinty.

Then last week, fisnjack and GeckoDad DNF'd "Lonely Tree With a View." That little Tupperware container was very well hidden. The rock it was under looked completely normal and natural.

Last Friday, I hiked up there and replaced that container.

Then, today I checked on "Steele Canyon Park" and "Recycle Cache." Both were missing.

Steele Canyon Park was a pill container with a painted hamburger bun on the lid so it looked like a mushroom. I don't have anything like that again, so the replacement container is a boring camouflaged waterproof matchbox.

"Recycle Cache" was a cammoed M & M tube. I replaced that container with one of SMOKEY's cigar tubes he gave me. I just checked on that cache about two weeks ago, so I don't know what happened to it. I suppose it could have fallen out of the tree and then been picked up and thrown away.

I sure hope none of my other caches go missing. I was glad the container for "Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction" was left behind when that cache was muggled -- although it was really bad one of the items in it was a Travel Bug -- but it is discouraging.

It is fun to put caches out . . . not that fun to have to put out a replacement -- and it is very disappointing to have to put out a boring, nothing-out-of-the ordinary replacement container, as I had to at "Blue's Blue View" and "Steele Canyon Park" when my original intention was to add some fun to the cacher's experience . . .


1 Comments:

  • Sorry about the missing caches !! I would feel terrible if my cache came up missing. I just placed my first cache recently. I hpoe you don't mind, but I really enjoy your blog, so I linked to you from my blog.

    GPSOkie
    http://gpsokie.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon