Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Another great day with the San Diego Cache Event Team

Musings about Geocaching

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Another great day with the San Diego Cache Event Team

Ramona was the location for Saturday's "Event." I met the group near the "K cache" at 8:00 in the morning. The first cache on my unfound list was "Indian Head Peak," the cache P.T. and I spent more than four hours not finding . . .

We took a more westerly angle to the approach, but still had to navigate around the boulders as we neared the top. I took a route around the top and when I came around the corner after climbing between some tumbled boulders, I could see the Toby's Gang, TrailGators, and dugnarm already on the top. TFTC was still down below the treacherous access and neither he, nor the other guys, were anxious for me to climb up there. However, it wasn't any worse than what we encountered on "Lawson 4," so I went for it.

Once on top, I declined to attempt getting to the actual cache location. duganrm was the only one of our group who did leap over there and back . . . several times. He is absolutely fearless . . . and I think the soles of his boots must have some extra sticky stuff on them.

We took pictures of the Jeep TB



each other,



and the cloudy view



before heading back down the boulder-strewn slope. By the time we got to the bottom, most of us bore black marks from the burned branches of shrubs that are beginning their recovery from the horrific conflagration that burned so many thousands of acres in October, 2003.

The cache is only half a mile from the parking area at the end of the cul-de-sac whre we parked.

We covered 2.4 miles to get up and back down from it . . .

1 Comments:

  • I love your blog ! I'm relatively new to geocaching. If you don't mind, I would like to place a link to your blog from my blog.

    GPSOkie
    http://gpsokie.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon