Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: A hike to the top of Mt. Miguel -- 7.3 miles roundtrip

Musings about Geocaching

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A hike to the top of Mt. Miguel -- 7.3 miles roundtrip

After sitting in my chair all week because of the unusually hot and humid weather, I wondered if I would be able to make the hike to the top of Mt. Miguel, an "event" planned for very early on July 4th. I decided to try it, so yesterday I loaded my GPSr with the caches on the mountain, including the ones that were Archived last year, and then went to bed very early so I could get up at 4:30 in the morning.

I met Jahoadi and fisnjack at her house, about .4 from where we were going to meet "lostguy" and Chuy!. I reset the trip odometer on my GPSr so I could see just how far we walked on this hike.

I enjoyed talking to my companions as we trudged up the steep trail. I haven't hiked with either Chuy! or "lostguy" before, although Chuy! is one of the first Geocachers I met more than an year ago.

The "marine layer" blanketed the entire valley and it was humid. As we hiked, we finally got above the clouds at about the same time they were beginning to burn off.



On a clear day, the views from some of the cache sites will be spectacular. Here is another view from high on the mountain



This is what our track looked like.




And this is the Profile of the mountain we climbed.



I might fill in more details later, right now I'm off to a Fourth of July bar-b-que at a friend's house.

Happy Fourth to Everyone!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon