Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: No caching today, but I got some gas money

Musings about Geocaching

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

No caching today, but I got some gas money

Gas is more than $3.50 a gallon here, which puts a crimp in my ability to drive very often since I live a long distance from town.

So, since I couldn't justify driving my car anywhere today, I decided to get some exercise, and get some gas money, by walking along the along the road out here and picking up cans and bottles.

Boy, the people who drive this road are sure slobs, but I guess I should be thankful because I brought back three heavy bags of cans and bottles, which should be enough for a couple of gallons of gas for my next caching adventure after I take them down the hill to the Recycling Center.


2 Comments:

  • At this point, it probably costs just as much to drive to the recycling center as you'd make in the cans. But the road is cleaner and that's a great thing!

    Geocaching With Team Hick@Heart

    By Blogger Josh, at 7:14 PM  

  • Fortunately, there is a "Re-Planet" on my way to town, so I don't have to go much out of my way when I go down the hill to get my water bottles filled and get groceries, or go caching, which I did yesterday.

    I wasn't able to return all the plastic bottles and smashed aluminum cans yesterday, but I got almost six dollars for all the other things that would go through the automated recycling machines. ;-)

    By Blogger Miragee, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon