Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: A short hike to get a FTF

Musings about Geocaching

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A short hike to get a FTF

When bradybunchboys hiked to my newest caches in the Horsethief area, he left two caches, and his cell phone . . . He did not intend to leave the latter item . . .

One of the new caches is a Puzzle cache and I don't know how to figure it out, but I decided to hike to the other one. It wasn't a very long hike, just over a mile, but it was challenging in places because of the burned vegetation. I found the container after a short search and retrieved a White Jeep TB that was in the container.

I only took a few pictures. Here is one of Lawson Peak as framed by the burned chapparral.



This area was easier to walk through because of the height of the burned sticks. I could pick a path through them without having to brush up against the scorched sticks as I had to in other areas where the burned plants had not been so tall.



There were a few mushrooms and tiny flowers blooming. Since we have had so much rain this winter, I expect a profusion of flowers in a few weeks when the temperatures start warming up a bit.



It was a fun little hike . . . and I did look for Lance's cell phone. I wish I could figure out how to solve the Puzzle cache, "Lost my PHONE.................by the BBB's." Who knows, if I get those coordinates, maybe I'll spot the phone while walking to that container . . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon