Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: A fantastic hike to a rocky peak near Poway

Musings about Geocaching

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A fantastic hike to a rocky peak near Poway

I am very grateful to jahoadi and john for giving me a ride from Rancho San Diego to the trailhead in Poway. With gas at $3.75 a gallon now, I really could not have afforded to drive that distance by myself . . . So, thanks guys. I really appreciated the ride!

This was our goal for the day, Goat Peak.



And, this is the Profile of our hike:



These are some of the other pictures I took on this amazingly-clear, very-warm, April day.



















On our way back to the vehicles, while walking along an easy part of the trail, Chuy! spotted this snake that John finally urged off the trail with his walking stick.





At the very end of the hike, we found a cache we DNFd in the morning. Nearby these pretty flowers were blooming.




2 Comments:

  • I am always amazed at your trips. One day I will have the time and ability to see more non-urban places. Currently, That's just not in my cards.

    By Blogger rakethetable, at 6:21 AM  

  • What programs are you using to create the hike profiles? I'm interested in experimenting with something like that in the future.

    By Blogger Paul Myers, at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon