Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Another great hike on Mt. McGinty with dillweed

Musings about Geocaching

Friday, March 30, 2007

Another great hike on Mt. McGinty with dillweed

For many weeks, I have wanted to get to the caches on the northeast side of Mt. McGinty. Some of the caches are about six miles, as the crow flies,from where I live, but it is about a 20-mile drive to the trailhead.

I met dillweed at a nearby shopping center and she was kind to drive the rest of the way.

It was a beautiful day to make our assault on the several caches on that side of the mountain.



We covered a lot of territory and revisited some caches I had already found, or had been a "beta tester" on during the day of the "Lost Patrol Version 2.0" with Jahoadi and SuperDave!, Geo-K9-Betsy, and JaredLoser.

There were great views along the different, winding trails we took, and there were spring wildflowers emerging.









It was a really great day, and I finally cleared off that side of the mountain, except for the cache right at the beginning of the trail, which we were unable to find.

Maybe someone will give me a hint so I can get that one the next time I'm over in that area.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon