Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Whoo Hoo . . . a road trip

Musings about Geocaching

Friday, August 17, 2007

Whoo Hoo . . . a road trip

After waffling back and forth about whether I could, or should, go to Big Bear for the weekend of Events and caching, I finally made the decision to get ready for the adventure, and then, I was on the road, following Barbara, of Blonds Run Amuck, up the highway towards her house in Big Bear.

It was hazy and very hot down in the valley through Riverside County, and even after we started up the highway towards our final destination, the temperatures were not dropping. It was still 100° more than 1000 feet above the valley floor. We stopped one place to check for any nearby Geocaches and so I could reload my GPSr, since I goofed when I put the caches along my route, and in the Big Bear area in the day before.

There was a cache not too far up the road and when we stopped for that one, two guys were already there. It was Team Adelos and his brother John. What fun, and what a fun find, a replacement cache by Mandy'sMom, a woman who has placed more than 100 creative caches all around the area.

We only found one more cache on the road because of the traffic caused by some surveying work being done on the road, but later in the day, we took a nice walk down a walking/biking trail where I found several caches.

Later that night, at 8:30 in the parking lot of the Motel 6, there was a Flash Mob Event where I saw T.R. Violin and Pacholik and several other people. I also got to meet badgerdawg there.

It was great fun. I am looking forward to the adventures we will be having tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon