Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: A Sunset/Moonrise/Moonlight hike for the SDCET

Musings about Geocaching

Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Sunset/Moonrise/Moonlight hike for the SDCET

Looking at the "schedule" for the nearly-full moon this month, I saw that it was going to occur on a weekend, so I posted in our local forums suggesting a hike to the incredible area along the Carveacre Windcaves to Gaskill Peak trail. We started at my little "parking place" cache, "And so the adventure begins . . . " From there, we followed the silly little trail to finally get on the main, wide, well-defined trail and "Ouch that musta hurt."



From there we walked had to take a little side trip to "Ummm . . . not this way, " and then to fisnjack's "Gaskill View."

From there, I picked up my pace because I wanted to get to the windcaves to get some pictures in the sunset light.













After the sun went down, the moon came up to light our way. For most of the way, we didn't need to use our headlamps or flashlights. Here is part of our group at my cache, "Another Astounding Area."


I think everyone had a great time, even though the last mile was a little tough. Good thing we were going downhill most of that distance, as we picked up the last three caches, "A View to a Polar Bear," "Tunnel of Shade," and finally "Overflow Parking."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon