Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Boy, what a day yesterday was

Musings about Geocaching

Monday, August 06, 2007

Boy, what a day yesterday was

Wheeuuu! Where do I start? Do I start with the alarm going off at 4:30 in the morning? Or with the first of two Events for the day, "HOW MANY DONUTS CAN FATTBOY EAT?" Or with the 34 caches we found today? Or with the several DNFs we had? Or with the finding of "The Adrenaline Cache," one that is on several people's Watchlist, and probably many Bookmark Lists?

I guess I could start with posting the Profiles of both hikes, a nearly 5.5 mile hike in the morning and a 7.6-mile hike last night.





There . . . that's a start. Maybe tomorrow I'll have the energy to fill in all the details of the amazing, ultimately-exhausting day.


- - - - - - - -

Okay, I'm very late updating this, but I'll add a few pictures from the day.



That was a cache we found on our way up to Oceanside for the Events.

The next two pictures are of a huge snake that was resting under a truck in the parking area. The ranger came out to wrangle the snake and get it into a container so it could be safely relocated to another part of the park.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon