Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: A day of hiking foiled by the weather . . .

Musings about Geocaching

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A day of hiking foiled by the weather . . .

             


3cds and I hoped to hike to a cache that still hasn't been found, more than a month since it was placed. However, the road to the "trailhead" is dirt, and passes through a section of road that is often flooded.

So, I'm sitting here feeling restless and wishing I could get out and get some exercise, but the rain keeps me inside.

I am glad we are getting rain because the backcountry vegetation is so very dry. This will lessen the fire danger for a little while. I don't think this storm is big enough to replenish the wells for people who depend on them for their water supplies however. Maybe we'll get some bigger storms next month that will help that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon