Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Finally, the "North Fortuna" Terracache is in the Found column

Musings about Geocaching

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Finally, the "North Fortuna" Terracache is in the Found column

The weather cleared, finally, so 3cd's, fisnjack and I headed for Mission Trails Regional Park to hike a loop in front of and then over the top of North Fortuna Mountain. T.R. Violin placed that Terracache a year and a half ago and I can't believe it has taken me this long to get to the top of that peak.

It was a hazy day, so I didn't take as many pictures as I would have on one of those "severe clear" days. This was the view looking towards the Miramar Naval Air Station north of the "52."



And this was one view looking towards the south.



3cd's and I revisited a cache that is on my "Historic Cache" list, "North Fortunia Type 'A' Positive Cache," where I dropped off a Red Jeep T.B.



At the very top of the peak, there were two ammo cans, one of which had several Peak Logbooks in it. The last one was full, so fisnjack put in a new spiral-bound notebook for future climbers to sign. The other ammo can had an emergency phone in it. I took a picture of what was written on the inside of the lid.



It was a fun day and I sure appreciated 3cd's driving from our La Mesa meeting place at Trader Joe's to the trailhead several miles away.


1 Comments:

  • Wow, what an attractive and inspiring blog!

    I'll be looking to yours as I try to get mine going. I just posted today about an experience in Mission Trails Regional Park finding GCKWCC, which I see that you also found.

    By Blogger firstbass, at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon