Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Got my exercise, and some gas money

Musings about Geocaching

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Got my exercise, and some gas money

With gas prices very close to $4.00 a gallon, I cannot afford to drive my car very often. So, in order to get some exercise today, I turned on the GPSr, reset it to '0', and walked along my road, filling grocery bags with cans and bottles to take to the Recycling center.

I filled one bag, then continued walking until the GPSr got to the two-mile mark. I don't know why it didn't record a total of four miles by the time I got back . . .



On the way back, I filled up another bag, so I earned about $.50 per mile for my little walk today . . . or enough for half a gallon of gas, which is just how much gas it takes to get to a gas station in my car which gets about 30 mpg . . .

Is that what they mean when they say "Can't win for losin'?"


2 Comments:

  • Wow, that's quite an elevation change on your road there. It seems like you picked up those cans not too long ago. Who is throwing cans all over the place???

    Geocaching With Team Hick@Heart

    By Blogger Josh, at 6:55 PM  

  • Some of the bottles are Mexican water bottles, left behind by the illegal aliens passing through. Others are beer bottles and cans, and plastic soft drink and water bottles tossed out by the ignorant people who live out here in the "back country," the term they use here for any area beyond Suburbia.

    By Blogger Miragee, at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon