Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: A little hike in the Salt Creek Valley

Musings about Geocaching

Friday, May 02, 2008

A little hike in the Salt Creek Valley

After a couple of weeks of going to the Otay Reservoir area, dillweed and I had almost cleared it of caches . . . almost. So, today, I drove down Otay Lakes Road again and met her near the gate we drove through Monday, but which was locked today. We walked down the steep road and took a wrong turn at the bottom. I thought I was following the arrow on my GPSr, but when we got across the creek, we realized we needed to be on the other side.

So, we backtracked and finally, after another false start, found the road that finally let to the small cache, and another one a little further down that road.



After finding the last one in that direction, we turned around and I did a "Go To" for the Power Pole cache. That one required a climb, so we headed for #10. This time we found the bypass, so we didn't have to wade through the water as we did Monday . . .



There was a huge, orange dragonfly taking in this same view. My camera didn't focus on it very well, so this is the best picture I could get.



After finding that cache, I did a "Go To" for one of dillweed's caches, but we missed the road, so I did another "Go To" for the Power Pole cache.

We missed the road to that one . . . again. I don't think I've even done a "Go To" to one cache so many different times without succeeding in getting there . . .

After we got back to the vehicles, we found an easy cache in a nice park that looks over the Otay Reservoir. Then, we found another cache placed by Jahoadi and John before interrupting our caching day by going to REI for their big sale. Although that is my favorite store, and I am usually tempted to get something beyond my financial limits, this time I didn't spend any money.

I had a great day and look forward to the next "caching adventure."


1 Comments:

  • I went to REI too. I didn't have your discipline and ended up with a new pack. The good news is I got a new pack.

    By Blogger Josh, at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon