Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Another bike ride along "my" Barber trail

Musings about Geocaching

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Another bike ride along "my" Barber trail

fisnjack showed up at my house very early. His new Palm e2 wasn't working and he mistakenly thought I might know how to fix it. He had driven all the way from Imperial Beach to do my Barber Road caches, but now wasn't sure he wanted to look for them.

So . . . I volunteered to join him, if he gave me time to drink my coffee and finish my breakfast.

The clouds were beautiful today so I got some different pictures of the same locations.











In this next picture, you can see fisnjack heading through the burned vegetation, on his way to the cache. For this trip, I decided to stay on the trail to see if I could come home with less charcoal on my clothing . . .



This is a more wide angle view of "Slickrock, Boulders, and Lawson Peak."



At "Gracias, FlagMan", I got a few more pictures, and then at "The way it was before the fire", I took another picture of the peeling Manzanita. In just two weeks, it has changed a lot.


The road takes a decidedly downhill route just beyond here and that is why I haven't explored much beyond this point.



I took a bunch more pictures while fisnjack continued on to the final caches, including my "Okham's Razor" cache.





It was a hot day, but there was a good breeze most of the time. I felt great and was sad fisnjack didn't want to hike up to the new Terracache. The heat and humidity had taken their toll on him and his cute little dog Teddie.



Near the end of the ride, I turned around to see this spectacular sky above the boulder-strewn peak. I think it will become the new wallpaper on my computer.



After we got back to the vehicles, we took a short trip down to a new cache placed by Rockbobster. From there, I was so close to my friend's house, I went down there to visit with her.

It has been a busy week, so getting the blog written and updated has been a "back burner" task. In fact, for several days, it wasn't even on the stove . . .


1 Comments:

  • That is a very scenic route, being the roof of the world for that area. Great pictures!

    It is good to see so many caches springing up. I can safely say there will be more in the next few months.

    By Blogger Rockbobster, at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon