Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: My apologies for not keeping this blog updated

Musings about Geocaching

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My apologies for not keeping this blog updated

Some of you know I have been very ill for a long time. I could go out Geocaching and be active, when — like a dedicated puppy — I had someone to follow. In my first year of caching, Princess Toadstool was a fantastic Geocaching partner. Her energy and excitement about caching was contagious, and on the days I was out with her, I could almost completely forget my chronic illness.

Over these past three years, I have not been doing well. My condition goes up and down like a roller coaster. Sometimes the slopes are very steep and I end up in a trough quickly, and stay down there for a long time. Other times I have gone up, up, up, slowly, almost able to hear the sound of the track cogs clicking during the extended ascent, only to arrive at the top and go down into the poor health graben for another several days. Some of the worst episodes of my 20-year illness occurred in December 2007 and again in March of this year.

When I was not feeling well, the blog, and the Geocaching Forums, kept my meandering brain somewhat focused — and gave me something to do as I sat at home . . .

Since mid-summer I have been finally feeling better. Because of that, I am doing other things besides sitting at my computer for hours on end in between the days I go cycling.

Yesterday, the "Tuesday/Thursday" group and I took a long ride from Rancho San Diego all the way out to the white church on the Viejas Indian Reservation. It was a ride of more than 40 miles.



The two women who ride with us turned off in Alpine and headed back home, going down steep and exciting South Grade. Therefore, I was the only woman on the remaining part of the ride. Since I felt like I was pedaling against the wind, uphill, with the brakes on during the stretch from the bridge over I-8 to the small white church, I wondered if the men wished I had gone back down the hill with Christina and Deanna.

If they thought that, they did not say anything. This group of men, including Pete, Frank, Jim, Steve, Tom, and Larry, are very kind and generous. Getting to know them over these past several weeks has been really great. Because the rides are like a dream, I remember few details, so I have little to write about. However, I started another blog to have a place to put the Profiles of the rides, and occasionally add some minimal comments, in case you are interested.

I still look forward to going caching with my caching buddies whenever the opportunity arrives. As long as I have a "leader," I will love to follow along.


2 Comments:

  • I hope you continue to feel well. I'm glad you are able to get out and enjoy some fresh air. Those forums can get hectic at times. I always enjoy reading about your adventures.

    Take care.

    By Blogger Josh, at 6:36 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Home Budget Ideas, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon