Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Incredible backpacking trip to Mt. San Jacinto

Musings about Geocaching

Monday, August 18, 2008

Incredible backpacking trip to Mt. San Jacinto

Fantastic, incredible, wonderful, beautiful, awesome . . . I need a Thesaurus to find more adjectives to describe my weekend backpacking trip with Auld Pro, RedBagLady, and two other hikers.

Here is the first of many pictures I'll post over the next few days.



Okay, here are a few more pictures from the weekend.



Our water source in Round Valley




All the comforts of home near our campsite




The Profile of our Saturday hike for a Terracaching Trifecta




Auld Pro and me on top of Miller Peak




The hut on San Jacinto




San Gorgonio in the distance




Our Group on top of San Jacinto




Jean Peak




Our "trail" to Jean Peak




Cornell Peak, our destination Sunday




The full moon Saturday night




I am very grateful to Auld Pro for inviting me on this trip. He has an incredible generosity of spirit and I am thankful to be his friend.


1 Comments:

  • awesome! I did a day hike on San Jacinto this summer. It was fantastic. We hiked in shorts yet there was still some snow left. I can see the mountain from my house and I love to look at it and dream about my next trip up there.

    By Blogger Josh, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon