Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: It took me all day to log my finds and DNFs from the 11-day trip

Musings about Geocaching

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It took me all day to log my finds and DNFs from the 11-day trip

If I remembered all of the caches I found, the total for my 11-day adventure was 47. I had ten DNFs as well, and I logged a "Note" for another cache since I spent an hour, and drove 15 miles around and around, trying to figure out how to get to it.

Blogger used to allow you to change the date and time of your posts, and I wish that was still the case, because I would really like to be able to write up the entire adventure, in order, day by day.
Thursday Evening Update: Ah Ha! Thanks to a comment from Susan, I found out I could set up posts at a different time and day, I just couldn't do it with Opera, my preferred browser. Blogger and Opera don't get along completely, so I had to open FireFox and set up consecutive posts with it. Now I can "flesh them out" and edit them in Opera. This little project should keep me busy for a while, which is good. After the trip, and the towing bill for the misadventure Tuesday, I can't afford to go anywhere, especially with gas being $3.41 per gallon here in San Diego . . . Why is that when it was "only" $2.79 in Denver? . . .

Until I get organized to write up the experience of what was likely the last road trip I'll ever take in my life, I'll share these photographs I took on the next to last day as I drove through Monument Valley.







This dog was very familiar with the Burger King parking lot and was begging for scraps.




2 Comments:

  • "Blogger used to allow you to change the date and time of your posts"

    I noticed that was gone a while back, but found it after looking around...

    When in the HTML mode, bottom left of window is "Post and Comment Options:" Click on that and you will find the "Change Time & Date" option.

    Hope this helps.

    Sounds like you had a very productive trip. How do you keep up with your cache finding? Paperless/PDA?

    By Blogger Susan Tidwell, at 3:39 AM  

  • Thanks for the comment and the tip. I'll look for that.

    I took my laptop with GSAK loaded on it, along with the Garmin Mapsource maps. I also have a Palm M500 on which I made notes for each of the caches.

    Periodically, I would delete the unfound caches from the GPSr and do a new filter in GSAK for the area I was headed towards and reload the GPSr with new caches. It worked really well and I might even devote a blog entry to the process.

    Thanks again.

    By Blogger Miragee, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon