Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Awesome is the only word for our new cache locations

Musings about Geocaching

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Awesome is the only word for our new cache locations

CTYankee9 and fisnjack started the day very early, hiking down towards "Ghost Corral" to find Harmon's new cache, and three of my new caches in that area, including my 100th cache placement, "Take a Stroll to the Knoll," which features a view of both Lawson Peak and Gaskill Peak.

After finishing that nearly five-mile trek, they hiked the horse trail on the west side of Lyons Valley Road to get my new caches over there, including one of my favorite hides, "Slickrock Fun." I arrived at the parking for Horsethief Canyon just as they were descending the trail. While they ate some of the strawberries I brought, I grabbed all the stuff I needed from my car and the four of us, Teddie the dog, and us humans, piled into the little Mitsubishi Eclipse for the trip to the trailhead for the Carveacre Wind Caves.

The first thing I did there was place a cache to mark the parking. I called it "And so the adventure begins . . . ." Then, after loading our packs with snacks, water, and caches, lots of caches, we started out on that funny, winding little trail towards "Ouch, That Musta Hurt."

It was a beautiful day, hazy sun with a cool breeze, near perfect conditions for the long hike, even if the haze wasn't perfect for photography. At "Arachnophobes Not Invited," I put the "injured" arachnid into a container so it won't get chewed any more. Then, off we went, with that waypoint in our GPSrs so we would get at least .1 away before putting down another cache. As we hiked, we saw several likely locations and instead of putting the caches out on our hike out, we marked the locations with the intention of putting the caches in the best locations on the way back.

These are just some of the pictures I took:













This last picture is a collage of images from our journey. I put it on the cache page for the very first cache, "And so the adventure begins . . . "



All together, we placed twelve caches, spaced nicely along the trail where the slickrock openings offered incredible views through the awesome scenery all the way from the Carveacre Windcaves to the Gaskill Peak trail.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon