Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Got some education in the Forums today . . .

Musings about Geocaching

Friday, May 18, 2007

Got some education in the Forums today . . .

One of the Forum posters posted a link to a poet, Ted Kooser.

I liked this poem.
Selecting A Reader

First, I would have her be beautiful,
and walking carefully up on my poetry
at the loneliest moment of an afternoon,
her hair still damp at the neck
from washing it. She should be wearing
a raincoat, an old one, dirty
from not having money enough for the cleaners.
She will take out her glasses, and there
in the bookstore, she will thumb
over my poems, then put the book back
up on its shelf. She will say to herself,
"For that kind of money, I can get
my raincoat cleaned." And she will.

-- Ted Kooser


I spent most of the day in the Forums, resting my foot. The heel still hurts, and when I walked around the house, I put on my Stegmann slippers to have the arch support. I didn't make it into town today, but when I do, I'll check on different insoles for my hiking boots. Although I said I was going to stay off my feet for a few days, I went for a long hike yesterday. Even with an added arch support, the heel hurt during the entire hike, and especially when I was walking on sidehills with my right foot on the downhill side.

It doesn't hurt so bad that I cannot hike, but it can't be a good thing when something hurts . . . I don't want to exacerbate it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon