Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Finally, a break in the record-setting hot weather

Musings about Geocaching

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finally, a break in the record-setting hot weather

Since I have been confined to my house by the hot, hot, hot temperatures, I took advantage of the cooler weather today to take a walk down my road to get some exercise, and pick up more cans and bottles. I walked further than I did the other day and the Trip Computer on the Vista HCx said I had walked 5.6 miles when I got back. At the turn around point, it recorded 2.87 miles.

So, when I downloaded the tracks, I was confused about the shorter distance reported . . .



At slower speeds especially, with the original firmware in the Vista HCx, the Trip Computer recorded less distance, not more . . .

This is what a shorter distance looked like when I took the Vista C with me on May 4.



The distance from where I turned around that day and where I turned around today is about half a mile. Now, I'm going to have to check the distance in my car since I'm curious how far it really is . . .

When I came home, I was only carrying one aluminum can and one plastic bottle. I wish that was how few cans and bottles I found along my road, but it wasn't. I left both a kitchen-sized plastic trash bag and a plastic grocery bag full of cans and bottles in a gully along the road. They were too heavy to continue carrying the remaining mile and a half . . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon