Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Preparation for my Geocaching trip tomorrow

Musings about Geocaching

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Preparation for my Geocaching trip tomorrow

I need to make a trip into town tomorrow to run some errands, so of course I will try to find some Geocaches while I'm "down the hill."

I've downloaded my latest Pocket Queries and put them into GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife). I have 478 caches in the "Not Found" database. I will narrow my choices down by doing a Filter around the area where I will be driving.



In the GSAK program, I can see at a glance if a cache is temporarily disabled, and I can also get a "pictorial" view of the last few logs--in case there have been some Notes or DNFs left.

This program, and Cachemate on my Palm M500, are indispensible, in my opinion. GSAK will export, the Palm .pdb format, the specific caches I get in the filter. I can put those in their own specific folder in Cachemate for ease of use when I'm out on a hunt in one part of town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon