Blog Template Musings about Geocaching: Another great hike in the Hollenbeck area

Musings about Geocaching

Friday, February 02, 2007

Another great hike in the Hollenbeck area

I met up with the Anonymous Geocacher this morning for a hike into the Hollenbeck area to finally find the two caches I missed getting a month ago when I hiked with fisnjack.

There were four caches on my list to find, and I'm not sure I would have found three of the four without hints from my companion. Two of them are under a lot of tree cover, so the GPSr accuracy left a lot to be desired. One time I had 16' accuracy and the GPSr said I was 65' away from the cache . . . when I had the container in my hand. A minute later, I had 35' accuracy, but the GPSr said I was only 13' away from the cache hiding spot.

We hiked more than nine miles and created an interesting Profile as we hiked up to 3cds' Terracache before going back down to get "IHO: The Mountain Bikers" and "My Dad's Gonna Kill Me."



"My Dad's Gonna Kill Me" is hidden near this car.



Just like fisnjack's "Chevy No-Va" and TrailGators "Reliable Off Road Equipment," you really wonder how these vehicles got where they ended up . . .

It was a beautiful day for a hike and I had a great time. It was nice to have the rainy weather gone and have our Southern California blue skies back.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters
Office Max Coupon